Mars makes a lot more than just chocolate. There’s a reason some of our world-class brands have been around for more than 100 years. Our goal has always been to deliver the very best quality products and services at a great value. Every day, we strive to bring pleasure and satisfaction to hundreds of millions of people and pets around the world. Our inspiring purpose makes us all proud to work for this company we call Mars.
Unlock potential of E-Commerce channel. Development of cooperation and start of business with most important petfood e-commerce customers in Czech and Slovak Republic. Boost sales via building long term mutual partnership with Major E-Commerce customers / partners.
Main purpose of this position is to bring understanding of ecommerce trade and customers to Mars. Conducts all activities necessary to drive long-term, sustainable, profitable growth for both Mars and the ecommerce customers, while achieving high levels of customer engagement. Decides on customers’ cooperation and drives development of sales fundamentals. Responsible for customers’ costs. Contributes to development of Mars e-commerce strategy. Creates channel and Customer Segmentation recommendations in cooperation with Category Managers and Marketing. Engaged in implementation of Category management project and Mars IT tools to develop Mars e-commerce.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
• Use customer strategies and goals to form mutually beneficial relationships.
• Establish business partnerships with key decision influencers at multiple levels within the organization.
• Proactively engage the customer in important business decisions based on the opportunity for collaboration.
• Propose mutually beneficial business solutions by aligning business strategies and objectives.
• Partner with customer/client on longer term (3-5 year) business strategies.
• Effectively communicate fit of products within the category and channel to gain appropriate new points of distribution, increase quality of display, optimize value, and run effective promotions.
• Propose innovative ideas for new products and packs that address long-term needs of specific channels/customers.
• Provide customer with shopper, category, customer/channel insights that create a competitive advantage through a coherent brand, pack, price, channel strategy to optimize the in-store opportunity and drive Petcare category captaincy.
• Set and manage budgets that reduce sales controllable costs as a percent of Net Sales.
• Review plans and budgets frequently, anticipate budgetary needs, and proactively adjust budgets/programs to business priorities.
• Negotiate new agreements with customers that maintain the integrity of our trade terms and may be involved in the development of new trade terms when appropriate.
• Analyze relevant financial reports and measures such as P&L, Customer Annual Reports, etc. to provide profitable recommendations and solutions to the customer and Mars.
• Develop plans that have a positive impact on NSV, Profit and Cash.
• Provide ROI analysis to senior management and communicate efficiencies, results, and impact to the business.
• Analyze the portfolio of promotional activity against both financial and strategic criteria and look for ways to optimize the overall investment.
• Communicate and share best practice in financial management of the account.
EXECUTION AND MEASUREMENT
• Drive category growth with customer by applying the principles of optimum range of distribution.
• Develop efficient and effective coverage strategies for the account, resulting in improved levels of distribution. • Apply/implement display principles/plan-o-grams to drive consumer off-take with the customer to achieve category growth and profit.
• Apply consumer value, pricing, and quality principles to optimise consumer off-take.
• Develop and review promotion plans, anticipating issues or obstacles to execute and identify potential alternatives.
• Collaborate across functions and with customers to secure support, resources, and focus needed to execute marketing, trade marketing and promotion plans.
• Set appropriate targets for key drivers (coverage, distribution, display, pricing, promotions) and develop priorities that reflect the achievement of these key drivers.
• Proactively measure and communicate results and share “best practices” with others.
• Lead group planning sessions for upcoming, difficult negotiations, set limits, and develop counter-tactics.
• Seamlessly incorporate appropriate strategies and tactics to creatively solve negotiations.
• Maintain strong business partnerships with customers/clients even in tough situations.
• Conduct negotiations consistent with the values, principles, and policies of Mars.
• Ensure any agreements reached do not put the organization at risk legally.
• Lead development of multi-year plan/strategy to capitalize on opportunities, ensuring appropriate alignment; and successfully manage the Mars business performance to consistently deliver growth, profit and growth of market share.
• Use customer segmentation to optimize opportunity identification and value creation.
• Collaborate across functions and with customers to secure support, resources, and focus needed to execute plans.
• Review plans, identifying potential issues or obstacles to executing the plan and facilitating potential solutions.
• Predict, monitor and analyze performance of key competitors and their activities in each account and proactively recommend appropriate adjustments of the plans/strategies.
• Set and agree to broad strategic objectives supported by key insights which challenge organizational thinking and drive step change growth.
• Interact and communicate effectively with key decision influencers internally and externally (speak in the customer’s language).
• Develop the contact strategy based on the customer relationship, building trust and promoting further collaboration as appropriate to maximize mutual sales and profit. This ranges from an effective transactional relationship to a collaborative Category approach and strategic Joint Business initiatives.
• Assemble a balanced, diverse team to provide high value, strategic solutions to the customer
Experience & Qualifications
Key Competencies & Skills Functional technical skills:
Práce na plný úvazek
Na dobu neurčitou
Dog-friendly office, firemní akce, flexibilní začátek/konec pracovní doby, možnost občasné práce z domova, vzdělávací kurzy, školení, dovolená 5 týdnů, zdravotní volno/sickday, bonusy/prémie, příspěvek na penzijní/životní připojištění, příspěvek na sport/kulturu/volný čas, sleva na firemní výrobky/služby, auto i pro soukromé účely, mobilní telefon, notebook, občerstvení na pracovišti, stravenky/příspěvek na stravování
Čeština (výborná), Angličtina (pokročilá)
Mars Czech s.r.o.